How to find the best Casino Bonus in New Zealand
A few years ago before the onslaught of new online casinos that have been popping up at an incredible rate, players would have needed to conduct some pretty intense research in order to find the best deals casinos have to offer. These days there are a variety of websites like ours that have gone through the arduous process of sifting through the masses of casinos that exist online with the sole purpose of finding the best online casino deals.
With just a quick Google search from your smartphone or mobile device, New Zealand players will be given a solid list of the most trusted casinos which have been vetted by these reputable sites in order to give you peace of mind. This is a vital aspect due to the fact that you'll be divulging highly sensitive data and information which as you may know, is always a risky thing when dealing with the online world.
In addition to us there are quite a few websites, like the industry giant Ask Gamblers for example for you to consult of in order to make the process of finding a casino that offers a good bonus that much less painstaking.
What makes a great Welcome Bonus?
Ah yes, the good old welcome bonus. Online casinos have recently taken to offering a welcome bonus to new players who sign up for the first time. Some casinos have fantastic offers that will leave your jaw on the floor with the sheer amount that you seem to be given for free, while others lack a little eye-popping spark if you know what we mean.
A welcome bonus is only offered to new sign-ups and will come in a few different varieties. Some casinos will offer players a massive amount however this will almost always be offset by a ridiculous wagering requirement. The best thing for you to do is look for an offer that has a low playthrough as well as one that offers a decent time period for you to make sure you meet the requirements before the offer is void.
As a player, it is your responsibility to ensure that you read through the terms and conditions as even the best online casino sign up bonus will have certain restrictions in place. Below you’ll find all of the information that you would need to ensure making the right choice and enjoying the very best online casino welcome bonus available at a NZ online casino. On the surface, the casino match bonus might seem straightforward and easy to understand, but if you dive into it without reading the terms and conditions, you could be in for a nasty surprise. The reality is that all online casinos don’t always think of the player, and you could easily be tricked into accepting a welcome bonus that flaunts large numbers but has wagering requirements that are almost impossible to meet.
However, it’s not all doom and gloom, as there are plenty of casinos that want to give you the best gaming experience when signing up. This is beneficial to those that are completely new to the gambling industry and have no idea how games work. You’ll likely need to meet the minimum deposit limit which is $10 in most of the cases and you’ll be awarded one of many potential “gifts”. Welcome bonuses are meant give you a taste of the casino, as the odds of you walking away with stacks of cash are unlikely but you’ll get your deposit nicely doubled if not tripled to dive into the world of gaming that casino has to offer.
Again, it’s important to run through the terms and conditions to find out what you’re getting into before you commit to a particular online casino. Big numbers don’t always mean big rewards, sometimes the smaller bonuses are of much bigger value, so be alert!
Categories of Online Casino Welcome Bonuses
One way online casinos are trying to separate themselves from the rest of the pack is by offering unique welcome bonus package. These days they come in all sorts of shapes and sizes and are often the deciding factor for new players as to whether or not they will sign up. Let us have a closer look at the different types you're bound to come across.
Cash No Deposit Bonus
The clear favourite among players is the straightforward No Deposit Bonus, a cash reward which is allocated to you upon registration and doesn't require a deposit yet. You can use your free bankroll on preselected games, either one specific title or a range of games you can choose from. Wagering requirements need to be met before you can withdraw your winnings up to a certain amount, which varies from one casino to another.
Free Spin No Deposit Bonus
This type of welcome bonus has to be one of the most attractive and for obvious reasons. Who out there would not be enticed by a casino that is basically offering you free money when you sign up without the need to make a deposit. That's right, new players will be given either free spins or free credit to use, often there are only certain games which this bonus can be used on so keep that in mind.
This is not to be confused with a match bonus, although they are in actual fact quite similar. The major difference being that the percentage bonus will receive just that, a percentage of your deposit will be given back to you to use as you wish.
So far this is probably the most popular form of bonus these days. Often online casinos will match your deposit amount. The percentage of how match bonus is matched differs widely, however, you can expect to see offers ranging from 50% all the way up to 400% which is fantastic if you can find them.
What Does a Deposit Match Bonus Consist Of?
- Matched Percentage - The structure of an online casino welcome bonus will vary from one site to the next, but most have been following a similar blueprint for the last few years. Most casinos tend to offer 100% match bonuses, which meant that your deposit will be matched: $10 deposit, give you $10 bonus, so your bankroll with show $20 to play with. There are also casinos with 150%, 200% or more match bonus, so watch out! Usually the highest matched percentage is for the first deposit, then is lowered for the second and goes up again for the third or fourth as incentive to keep depositing.
- Number of Deposits - Most casinos sum up the individual bonus they allocate to you first 3 or 4 deposits so blow up the bonus amount and attract more customers. Let’s say that a casino is offering you a 100% deposit match bonus up to the value of C$500. This seems like a good deal, but the deposit structure is what you’ll need to pay attention to. So, this C$500 deposit match bonus could be spread over three deposits. This means that the first deposit match bonus is worth C$300, with the second and third deposit match bonuses valued at C$100 apiece.
- Time Until Expiration - There’s also a time limit attached to each deposit bonus, with some online casinos giving you 7 days, and others as little as 3. If you don’t use you bonus credit during this period of time it will expire and disappear from your casino account just as fast as it got there. This will apply to other bonuses such as free spins as well, but we’ll touch down on that a bit later.
- Preselected Games - The Welcome Bonus Credit can often be used on a preselected set of games not on the entire game range or if all games can be played then they might not fully contribute to fulfilling the playthrough requirement which is a condition for successful withdrawal of your winnings.
- Extra Free Spins - Not all but especially new casinos offer Free Spins in addition to the monetary match deposit bonus. You often see $1000 Welcome Bonus plus 100 Free Spins. These free spins are mostly on chosen slots and divided per consecutive days, like 10 spins per days for a duration of 10 days.
- Wagering Requirements - Now this is where you have to watch out. Wagering or Playthrough requirements can vary between as low as 10x up to 200x, that’s a huge difference. 10x means that you have to wager the amount you got for free 10x in order to cash out any winnings, so $10 x 10 = $100. That’s easy but a 200x requirement means you need to wager $2000 before you’re entitled to payout. With so many rounds to bet until getting to benefit from your winnings, chances are you won’t reach withdrawal stage with a positive balance so pay attention to the small print, it really matters.
Common Terms and Conditions that apply to most of the Welcome Bonuses
As mentioned earlier, thanks to the number of online casino sprouting up all over the net these days, all of them have slightly differing offers to differentiate themselves from the rest. One good thing for players is that this usually means that you'll be able to find some incredible offers. All bonuses come with fine print, this refers to the terms and conditions that must be met before you'll be permitted to make a withdrawal.
Ok so first off, the most common term you'll find is the fact that almost all bonuses will have a time limit. Players will usually have a period of between 30 - 60 days to fulfil the wagering requirements before it will be voided.
A wagering requirement is yet another constant in the industry and is implemented by almost every online casino. This usually entails that players will need to meet the playthrough requirements before being able to withdraw winnings. Expect to see anything from 20x your initial deposit which is a low wagering requirement to a whopping 60x playthrough which is extremely high, so rather stay away from that.
Are Larger Welcome Bonuses Better?
With online casino welcome bonuses, sometimes it’s best to aim for a mid-sized bonus. This is because there are usually wagering requirements that equal the amount that’s given, and if you opt for a larger welcome bonus with a high wagering requirement, you could be in for a long night. This could also result in you losing all of the money that you deposited as you’ll be trying to meet the requirement. Sometimes, less can be more, and you could walk away with a small profit.
The Pros and Cons of the Sign Up Bonus
There are benefits and drawbacks when it comes to using the online casino welcome bonus and below you’ll find a list of pros and cons.
✅ Free Spins: These are a great way to extend playing time and you’ll be able to use them on either a specific game or a set of games depending on how many you get. Free spins are usually used to promote the most popular slots and are valued at a fixed amount.
✅ Trying New Games: With the welcome bonus, you’ll be able to try a variety of games in a range of categories. However, you should pay attention to their effect on the wagering requirements.
✅ Bonus Cash: Bonus cash is a great way to kickstart your online gambling journey and it essentially has the potential to double the amount that you initially deposited.
✅ Many Bonuses: Just like bonus cash, sometimes there is more than one deposit bonus and this could be a pleasant surprise to most players
⭕ Expiration Dates: All welcome bonuses have expiration dates and sometimes it can be very difficult to use the full bonus amount in a short timeframe. This is something that you’ll need to read up on within the terms and conditions.
⭕ Wagering Requirements: The wagering requirements that are set by an online casino could either make or break the welcome bonus. Sometimes, these requirements are impossible to meet and it just leads to players quitting out of frustration.
⭕ Cashout Limits: This is something that’s often overlooked and you’ll be forgiven for ignoring it as you can get caught up in the heat of the moment. There’s no point in accepting a $1500 bonus when you’re being restricted by a $1000 cashout limit. Be sure to find out what it is before you deposit any cash.
New Zealanders love online casino bonuses
Well, this is a broad spectrum statement, to say the least, who doesn't want to join a casino that offers a brilliant welcome bonus to kick start your online casino journey. This is true for everyone around the globe, however recent statistics show the New Zealanders have a definite zest for finding the most attractive and lucrative bonuses the market has to offer.