|Top New Online Casinos||July 2021|
|1.||LeoVegas NZ||Play now|| || ||5/5|
|2.||Casino Planet||Play now|| || ||4/5|
|3.||Dunder Casino NZ||Play now|| || ||5/5|
Caribbean Stud Poker is very similar to ordinary online poker but with a few differences. The biggest difference is that Caribbean Stud Poker is played exclusively against the house and not against other players. Hands are made up of 5 cards each and are valued the same way as any other poker games. The game is played with a standard deck of playing cards.
Players have many different options when playing Caribbean Stud Poker online and in this guide we explain certain strategies, rules, as well as list our favourite NZ online casinos where players can play the exciting game of Caribbean Stud Poker.
Find out things that you never thought you’d know about the exciting Caribbean Stud Poker and how to play this poker variation online with our comprehensive guide.
Caribbean Stud Poker Rules & How it Works
- The first step for players is to find an online casino that offers Caribbean Stud Poker to play at. Suggestions can be found in a later section of this guide.
- The player should then choose a Caribbean Stud Poker game that is appealing. The game will deal all the players 5 cards, with four facing down and one facing up. Once all the cards have been dealt, players will be allowed to look at their cards. Players will then be given the option to fold or play their hand.
- If players decide to play their hand they must place a raise into the ‘Bet’ box. The dealer will then reveal his cards after all the players have made their respective bets. Wins and losses are dependent on the usual hierarchy of hands as in poker game.
- If the player loses against the dealer they will lose their anti bet and their raise wager. If there is a tie, which is unlikely, the anti and raise wager will push. If the player wins against the dealer the anti bets return to the table while the raise wager is paid to the winning player.
- Once the winners have been paid, the table will be cleared and players will have the option to play again. Certain casinos offer progressive jackpot Caribbean Stud Poker which works slightly differently.
Caribbean Stud Poker Strategies & Systems
The first important yet exceedingly simple strategy to adopt is to play some of the numerous free games available online to get a practical feel for how the game works and what it takes to win. Another important tip is to never bet more than you can afford to lose; this is a golden rule in casino games.
Always make a bet if you get dealt a pair or better. The better your hand, the higher your bet should be. Fortunately, there is no bluffing as there is in normal poker, because players play against the house and not against each other. An extremely simple strategy to use is to only bet AKJ83 or better. If you have worse than that always fold. By only using this strategy you can reduce the house edge to around 5.32%.
Players should also understand the hierarchy of possible hands which are as below in descending order.
- Royal Flush (suited 10, J, Q, K, A)
- Straight Flush (sequence of any 5 suited card following in order)
- Four of a kind
- Full House (3 of a kind ad a matching pair)
- Flush (5 cards of the same suit)
- Straight (5 cards in a straight sequence)
- Three of a kind
- Two pairs (two pairs of different values eg. 2 fours and 2 sixes)
- One pair
Reasons to Love Online Caribbean Stud Poker:
- Caribbean Stud Poker is extremely easy to learn, especially if players have played other forms of poker before.
- Caribbean Stud Poker is available at most New Zealand online casinos; where there are also usually free demo games to help players get their eye in.
- Caribbean Stud Poker offers very low minimum bets as well as high maximum bets, making it a great choice of game for both novices and high rollers.
- Caribbean online poker can be played from anywhere at any time.