Online Pokies To Try Out
Pokies Rules and How To Play
- Firstly, players need to choose an online casino at which to play pokies. We have included a list of our favourite online casinos in a later section that you can use as a guide. Then players will need to choose a pokie that appeals to them. Perhaps go for a theme that appeals to you and make sure the game has a high RTP (Return to Player Percentage).
- The next step is for the player to choose their coin size using the button options at the bottom of the screen. Once the coin size has been set, the player will then need to choose how many coins they would like to bet and how many paylines they would like to bet on.
- Once the player is happy with their bet, they can press the ‘Spin’ button and sit back and relax while the reels spin and reveal the symbols. Any winning combinations will result in earnings for the player. Many pokies have bonus features for certain combinations and players can just follow the prompts given by the game when playing these out.
- The players can then spin again or try another game. If the player likes their chosen game they can adopt the ‘Auto-spin’ feature which will allow the player to spin the reels on their current bet for a predetermined number of spins.
Understanding Slots! Paylines, Symbols and Features
Many players just click on the mouse without really understanding what going on on their screen. Let's have a look at the basics of online slots to understand better not just how much we are winning, but also how we are winning.
Paylines are basically the winning combination lines on the slot machine. Symbols are required to line up in a specific payline in order to win. In the old days, slot machines online had one payline. Nowadays, modern online slot machines have up to 243 paylines. When you place a maximum bet, all of the paylines are activated so there are much more maximum chances for a winning combination and therefor 243 paylines slots are also known as '243 ways to win'.
Wild symbol - This symbol is similar to the joker in card games as it can replace any other symbol. The wild symbol is used as a wild card and is considered the highest-ranking symbol.
Scatter symbol - Unlike other symbols that are required to line up on a payline in order to win, the scatter symbol simply needs to show up on the reels to unlock free spins, bonus rounds and rewards. Scatter symbols are one of the most rewarding symbol and considered the highest-paying symbol.
Multiplier symbol - As the name suggests, the multiplier symbol can multiply your winnings. The main target of this symbol is to double, triple, or even increase your winnings 100 or 1000 times.
Bonus symbol - A symbol that triggers a bonus round, usually a bonus game or free spins. Bonus rounds are super fun as unlocking a bonus game will often include story lines and plots.
Autoplay - Once activated, the autoplay feature will automatically spin the slot machine over and over again. displaying the results and moving on to the next spin.
Hold - When you hold a specific reel, that reel will stat in place in the next spin which helps to keep enough of the same symbols on the payline.
Free Spins - As the name suggests, these are spins you don’t need to pay for. Free spins are usually activated by lining up at least 3 free spins or scatter symbols. This is the simplest form of a bonus game.
Retriggering - Retriggering is unlocking the bonus game again and occurs when the same symbols that activated the bonus round in the first place line up on the reels again during the free spins round.
Pokies Winning Strategies, Tips and Systems
Pokies, no matter what the variant, are ultimately a game of luck and that’s why you can’t use the same strategies as you would in online poker or blackjack. Most online pokies players come up with their own system for playing that suits them but there are a few ways in which new players can play according to strategy. It’s a great idea for new players to play free versions of online pokies so that they can get a feel of the game.
Tip #1 Build your bankroll- It is imperative for players to build up a solid bankroll. Players should be careful and thoughtful when placing bets and never bet more than they can afford to lose at any time.
Tip #2 Check out games’ features- choosing a game can be a strategy in itself. It is could to go for a game with a high RTP; some pokies RTP’s can be as high as 99%. Other helpful features that certain games offer can include free spins, scatter symbols, wild symbols and multipliers. These special features can help aid in winnings and can also make the game a lot more fun.
Tip #3 Split your winnings- It is very important for players to regularly bank some of their winnings after a winning streak. This can reduce the risk of players spending all their winnings and increases the chance of players walking away from their chosen game with a profit in their pocket.
Tip #4 Understand when to use ‘max bet’- Most games have the ‘max bet’ feature in place and allows players to play the maximum coins and maximum paylines in a spin. This is not always the best option as playing all the paylines can be very expensive especially if it is a game with many paylines. It is best to be slightly conservative when using the ‘max bet’ button.
Tip #5 Look at the pay table- Each pokie game has a pay table, and we strongly recommend that you look at it prior to playing the pokie. Since the pay table provides all the information on the winning combinations - and therefore improve your chances to win.
If you have a couple of minutes to spare or you simply want to unwind you can try our free pokies. At our trusted casinos you can also find free pokies that allow you to play in demo mode. This is also great for beginners; you can play the games and test them in fun mode before you decide to make your first deposit. They say that to play online pokies you need luck, but it is not always like that.
There are some simple strategies that you can follow:
- Start playing with the lowest coin size. If you start winning you can switch to higher denomination.
- Play pokies with not so big jackpots, there is a greater chance that you will win something that way.
- Play in casinos that offer first time customer bonus, this way you have more money on your balance to play with.
- Play different pokies. This has nothing to do with odds and averages, this is for you. You need to have fun at the casino too.
Best Payout Percentages
Many players ask themselves if the real money pokie games fair or rigged? For this reason the known game providers as well as trusted casinos publish the payout percentage of each pokie that are audited by trusted organizations such as eCogra. Another thing to note if you play pokies in land based casinos and pubs, the RTP (return to player) percentage is lower than when you play online. If you play pokies online payouts percentages range from 90% to 99%. So now players can shop around and choose between the varieties of pokies and find the one that has the highest pay out.
Online slots have become so popular over the past years. They have improved a lot and now you can find all your favorite games with just one click. Online slots have a big advantage but if you do decide that you want to win big we recommend that you play in high paying slots so that the odds are at your side.
|Highest Paying Pokie Games|
|Pokie Game||Payout %||House Edge||Software|
|Mega Joker||98.90%||1.10%||Net Entertainment|
|Jackpot 6000||98.75%||1.25%||Net Entertainment|
|Jack Hammer||97.10%||2.90%||Net Entertainment|
Progressive Slots Online
If you want to find a slot that can change your life then you should try playing progressive slots. These games do not have a jackpot with fixed amount but the jackpot rises with every new bet. Some of the most famous wins are on Mega Moolah. In 2015 a soldier from the UK won £17.8 million on a £0.50 bet.
Reasons To Love Online Pokies
- Online pokies are probably the easiest casino games to play and the prompts should help even the most novice player get through any pokie.
- Online pokies come in a wide variety of different themes. By choosing a theme you enjoy, you can make your playing experience just that much more fun.
- Online pokies usually come in an array of betting options, making them a good choice for new players and high rollers alike.
- Online pokies can be played from anywhere at any time as long as you have a good internet connection!
Online Slots Software Providers
The first thing you need to understand is what to look for when playing slots online. The whole process of winning and losing is random and you cannot predict anything. This means that the casino has a big advantage but that does not mean that you cannot walk away as a winner.
There are different software providers on the market, competing with each other and trying to give the best product on the market:
- Microgaming is one of the leading software providers and at the same time the first one that introduced online slots. They offer high variance slots and the popular 243 ways to win slots. They also introduced the best online slots on the market and the most popular is Mega Moolah followed by Immortal Romance, Dark Knight Rises, Terminator II and many more.
- Playtech are mostly branded slots where the main theme is from blockbuster movies such as Fantastic Four, Blade, Hulk, X man, Thor just to name some. If you play games from this software you can win a lot even on min bet because they have a random jackpot attached.
- Netent offers the best graphics. All the games are instant play only and their most famous online slot is Dead or Alive.
Online Pokie New Zealand
It is no wonder that every kiwi casino enthusiast is choosing online pokies to land based casinos and pubs. The software that is used makes the experience so real. You can hear shouts of joy when you are winning and also you can hear the clatter of coins too. Thanks to the massive range of progressive jackpots and growing number of online pokies players, the jackpots that can be won playing online pokies are enormous.
But it’s not always obvious where to play as a Kiwi. Nowadays with the huge variety of pokies on the net, you’re sure to find a pokie that your hooked on, and when you get bored of it, there are plenty more to choose from. You just have to make sure you are playing in reputable online casinos that will pay out big and fast.
Online Pokies FAQ
How do I know the games aren’t rigged and that the spins are random?
Each casino operator that holds a gambling license is obliged to perform monthly RNG (random number generator) audits to the casino games offer, by independent testing agencies. The results are then sent to the casino and the license regulator it operates under. All results from the monthly audits are public.
How can I learn the payout for a game?
The RTP value of each casino game is determined by the software provider who created the game and there is no way for it to be altered by the casino operator or anyone else from the outside. All RTP values for the online casino games can be usually found on the website of the software provider or sometimes in the game rules or paytable of the game itself.
What’s better download version or instant play?
In the past the download version was considered as a more stable release, but today there is no difference in quality between the two modes.
Can I play online pokies for free?
Yes. Most casino games like online pokies offer a fun play mode. On most casinos, you won't even have to register an account in order to play for free. You are also welcomed to play with the large collection of free pokie games on our site.